The Doctor Is In has achieved the highest level of recognition by the NCQA (National Committee for Quality Assurance) as a Patient Centered Medical Home (PCMH). This model of care uses a team-based approach that encourages an on-going personal relationship between a patient, doctor and the patient’s care team.
What does being part of a PCMH mean to you?
- Quality, team-based, coordinated care led by your primary care provider (PCP) that is personalized, friendly and responsive
- Care focused on prevention and wellness
- Patient participation in healthcare decisions and treatment plans
- Coordination of care with qualified specialists when needed
- Access to the care you need, when you need it
- Extra support and resources to protect your health
The most important member of your health care team is you! Your role includes honestly sharing your health concerns, needs and issues with your doctor and PCMH team. Then the team can work closely with you to create a care plan that’s right for your health and wellness goals.
View a video about patient-centered medical homes.